Service Address: 211 S. Woodruff Suite 3A, Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Voice: (208) 524-4048 Fax: 233-0835
Philosophy and Approach: I became a social worker in 2018, licensed by the state of Idaho to provide therapies which promote change and foster community integration. I have over 25 years of experience working with people who have disabilities to achieve their goals through independent living, assistive technology, education, and access to community resources. I affirm that every person possesses inate resources and strengths which enable growth and connection. Together, we will focus on these strengths and apply them in new and creative ways.
Formal Education, licenses, and Training: I hold a Master of Social Work from Northwest Nazarene University, where I graduated with honors. I am licensed by the state of Idaho as a Master-level social worker, (LMSW-37330). I operate under the supervision of a more experienced counselor.
Ethics: I am subject to the Code of Ethics published by the National Association of Social Workers. This code provides standards protecting both therapist and client.
Fees for Therapy: Sessions are $35.00 per a 45-minute session, for individuals, couples or families, unless other arrangements have been made. Fees for longer sessions are set at the same per-minute rate.
Court Testimony: I will testify in court only in response to a subpoena. Such time is not reimbursable by Medicaid or other insurance. I will charge $100 per hour for testimony in court, including travel, waiting and preparation time.
Cancellation Policy: You can cancel or reschedule an appointment anytime, if you provide at least 24 hours’ notice. If you cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice and reschedule for an available appointment the same or next day, you will not be charged for the missed appointment. If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice and do not reschedule for an available appointment the same or next day, or if you fail to show up for your appointment, you will be charged for the appointment. Please note that Medicaid, Medicare and insurance companies will not pay for missed appointments. If you think this policy is unfair or inflexible, please let me know; I will be happy to help you find another therapist.
Clients and family members involved in therapy have the following rights:
- To be a participant in treatment decisions;
- To seek a second opinion;
- To file a complaint without retaliation;
- To refuse treatment;
- To be treated with respect and dignity.
- To not experience discrimination based on race, religion, gender, or any other protected class status while receiving services.
- To be assured of privacy and confidentiality while receiving
services as defined by the laws of Idaho with the following
- Mandatory reporting of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children or vulnerable adults, pursuant to Chapter 16, Title 16, Idaho Code;
- Reporting imminent danger to client or others, pursuant to Chapter 19, Title 6, Idaho Code;
- Consultation with another professional on behalf of the client thought to be dangerous to self or others;
- Reporting information required in court proceedings or by client's insurance company, or other relevant agencies;
- Providing information concerning case consultation or supervision; and
- Defending claims brought by client against therapist.
- Sexual intimacy is never appropriate with a client and should be reported to my supervisor.
Concerns or Complaints: If you have a complaint about the way I am conducting your therapy, please contact my supervisor, John Condron at????. He will discuss your concerns and mediate a solution. He may also assist you in locating another therapist. You may also contact the Idaho State Board of Social Workers, 700W. State Street, Boise, Idaho 83702; Voice: (208) 334-3233 , Fax: (208) 334-3945, Email: swo@iboLidaho.gov, or on the web. This board is part of the Idaho Bureau of Occupational licenses.
I have read this Professional Disclosure Statement and any questions have been answered to my satisfaction.